|Engineering Mechanics by G. Ramamurty , R. S. Walia, Rajesh Kumar|
Keeping in mind the curricula of various institutes, the text of this present edition has been thoroughly revised and several new problems with solutions have been added to make it more competitive and useful for the students. Solutions to typical problems from statics and dynamics provide the reader sufficient capability for solving the problems of echanics.
This book focuses on the basic concepts of Engineering Mechanics and provides fundamental information required for understanding advanced subjects based on mechanics.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for mechanical engineering students.|
1. Importance of free-body diagrams for the analysis of problems explained.
2. Three important methods for dynamic problems (i) Newton's second law of motion, (ii) Work-Energy method, and (iii) Impulse-Momentum method.
3. More than 150 sample problems with solutions have been provided explaining the applications of important principles.
4. Fundamentals of mechanical vibrations explained with free-body diagrams.
|Table of Contents:|
Part - I : Statics
1. Basic Concepts
2. Force Systems and Resultants
4. Analysis of Trusses and Frames
6. Virtual Work
7. Centroids and Centres of Mass
8. Moments of Inertia
Part - II : Dynamics
9. Kinematics of Particles
10. Kinetics of Particles
11. Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
12. Kinetics of Rigid Bodies
13. Work-Energy Method
14. Impulse and Momentum
15. Mechanical Vibrations
Apendix 1: Moments of Inertia
Apendix 2: Miscellaneous Problems
Answers to Selected Problems