Project management requires immense skills to achieve the end-result. But sometimes lack of project management skills results in failures. It is therefore, essential to study the basic features of project management. This book is a contribution towards that goal.
Divided into three sections—introduction, people-related aspects or human resources and advanced topics—the book brings forth the inside-story of the software project management in an IT company. The simple descriptive style of presentation will enable any beginner to get a clear picture of the procedures that are followed in the IT companies.
Intended for undergraduate and postgraduate students of computer science and engineering, this textbook will also be useful for many software engineers and professionals dominating the hierarchy of the IT industry.
This book Useful for BCA, MCA & computer science Student.
Section I: Introduction
1. Introduction To Software Project Management
2. Software Project Life Cycles
3. Project Initiation And Kick Off
4. Software Project Planning
5. Project Time And Cost Estimations
6. Project Scheduling
7. Project Quality Management
8. Project Execution
9. Project Monitoring And Control
10. Project Risk Planning And Monitoring
11. Project Procurements Management
Section II: People Related
12. The Project Manager’ Skills & Competencies
13. Project Human Resources Management
14. Project Communications Management
Section III: Advanced Topics
15. Software Project Change Management
16. Introduction To Program Management
17. Introduction To Project Portfolio Management
18. Project Management Maturity Models
19. Light Weight Project Management Methodologies
20. Project Management Careers
Appendix A:. Pmi-Pmbok
Appendix B:. Uk Ogc’S Prince 2