Elementary Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal
The book has been thoroughly revised and a number of sections have been rewritten. Some elementary topics have been included to meet the requirement of the beginners in engineering studies deleting some sections of lesser utility.
A variety of new illustrative examples and problems selected from various examinations papers which sharpen ones skill to use various methods, have been added. The list of Objective Type of Questions appended to each chapter, has also been also been updated. It is hoped that the book in its revised form will serve a move useful purpose.
The authors take this opportunity to thank fellow professors for their suggestions and patronage of the book. Suggestions for improvement of the text and intimation of misprints will be thankfully acknowledged.
|Audience of the Book :|
|For I & II Semesters of B. Tech. & Diploma Courses|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Each topic has been thoroughly described, the theory is rigorously developed and a large number of numerical examples have been included to illustrate its application.
2. The book also contains advanced problems useful for competetive examinations.
|Table of Contents:|
2. Solution of Equations & Curve Fitting
5. Complex Numbers
6. Analytical Plane Geometry
7. Analytical Solid Geometry
8. Differentiation & its Applications
9. Integration & its Applications
10. Partial Differentiation & its Applications
11. Multiple Integrals & Beta, Gamma Functions
12. Vector Analysis
13. Differential Equations of First Order with Applications
14. Linear Differential Equations with Applications
15. Partial Differential Equations
16. Infinite Series
17. Fourier Series & Harmonic Analysis
18. Laplace Transforms with Applications
19. Simple Numerical Methods
20. Elements of Statistics & Probability
21. Introduction to Linear Programming