Economic Environment Of Business by Veena Keshav Pailwar
Since liberalization, Indian economy is going through some dynamic changes. From a primarily closed agrarian economy, India has become service-oriented open economy, becoming more and more susceptible to economic fluctuations.
This comprehensive book, in its third edition, continues to equip the readers with the necessary skills to assess and analyze the evolving economic scenario in India and world over. The new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to incorporate the recent changes taking place in Indian and global economic environment. Every chapter is incorporated with a section on Understanding Economic Environment (UEE), in which the Indian economic environment is compared with the economic environment of its neighbouring countries, emerging markets and major players in the world economy.
All chapters are well-supported with illustrative examples and cases to provide an analytical insight to the topics. The chapters also include the topic Implications for Managers, in which implications of a particular aspect of an economy are summarized for the managers. Besides, for an easy assessment of the data, most of the quantitative information is presented in a graphical form rather than in the conventional tabular format.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management students.
Table Content :
1. Economic Environment And Business Fluctuations
2. Data Sources And Interpretations
3. National Income: Measurement And Environment Scanning
4. Inflation And Business Environment
5. Fiscal Policy And Environment
6. Money: Demand And Supply
7. Financial System, Crisis And Reforms
8. Monetary Policy And Economic Environment
9. Balance Of Payment: Accounting, Adjustments And Imbalances
10. Trade Flows, International Linkages And External Environment
11. Capital Flows, Growth And Macroeconomic Instability
12. Exchange Rate Regimes And Currency Convertibility