Crop Improvement- Strategies and Applications by R.C. Setia , Harsh Nayyar & Neelam Setia
The research in agricultural sciences is taking great strides with advancement in methodologies and techniques. It, therefore, becomes important to maintain pace as well as update oneself on the recent happenings in agricultural research. The present book is an effort to compile the recent information involving different articles pertaining to genomics, physiology, biochemistry, diseases and abiotic stresses. Thus, the chapters provide information on ''omics'' of plants that covers genomics, proteomics and metabolomics, molecular techniques for crop improvement, gene silencing, marker-assisted selection for crops, biotechnology and genetic engineering for developing stress tolerant crops, elicitor biotechnology, salt stress effects, heavy metal stress and phytoremediation, genetics of wheat rust resistance, improvement of Brassicas, nutritional aspects of cereals and genetic transformation of fruit crops.
Audience of the Book :
|The book would be useful to the students and scientists working in the areas of agricultural research, and would provide current knowledge of diverse research areas through the reviews written by subject experts.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Contains 21 chapters covering topics ranging from genomics, gene silencing, marker-assisted selection, and elicitor biotechnology to phytoremediation.
2.Provides a concise review of the progress made and an outlook on future research.
3.Deals with the tools and technologies derived from advances in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry and plant physiology, and current developments in crop improvement research.
Table of Contents:
1. The 'Omics' Technologies and Crop Improvement
2. Plant Genome Analysis: Current Developments
3. RNA Interference: A Novel Approach for Gene Silencing
4. DNA Based Methods for Variety Identification-Comparison and Applications
5. Elicitor Biotechnology
6. Marker-Assisted Selection and Breeding: Potentials and its Applications in Some Major Crops
7. Genetic Control of Wheat Rusts in the Indian Sub-Continent
8. Genetics of Rust Resistance in Wheat: An Update
9. Genetic Transformation in Fruit Crops
10. Biotechnological Approaches for Developing Stress Tolerant Crops: Current Developments and Prospects
11. Approaches to Enhance Salt Tolerance in Crop Plants: Progress and Prospects
12. Heavy Metal Toxicity in Plants and Phytoremediation
13. Climate Change and Plant Diseases
14. Recent Trends in the Management of Insect-Pests in Pulses
15. Indian Citrus Ringspot Virus-A Review
16. Recent Advances in Host-Parasite Interaction: Chickpea¬ Ascochyta rabiei and Botryfis cinerea Systems
17. Recent Trends in Oilseed Brassicas
18. Quality Characteristics, Nutritional Improvement and Product Development Properties of Grains
19. Starch Metabolism in Plants: Potential Target for Crop Improvement
20. Regulation of Nitrate Reductase Activity Under Water Stress
21. Polyamines: An Overview and Prospects in Crop Improvement