This comprehensive and thoroughly revised text, now in its fourth edition, continues to give a clear analysis of the principles and practices of corporate governance prevalent in India as well as in other industrialized countries of the world. Now, the book incorporating the latest information on the subject finds relevance with the new Companies Act, 2013 and Rules, 2014 and also with the SEBI (Listing Obligation and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
The book begins with an introduction to corporate governance, and then moves onto the evaluation of corporate governance system. It provides a detailed description of the principles, philosophy, structure and the process of corporate governance. The text also contains a case study of selected listed large-cap companies under BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty on their corporate governance practices in India for the financial year 2015–2016. Besides, it also provides recommendations of various national and international committees on corporate governance reforms.
This book Useful for Management students.
2. Evolution of Corporate Governance in India
3. Corporate Governance: The Conceptual Issues
4. Board's Corporate Policies for Good Governance
5. Independent Directors
6. Gender Diversity in Corporate Boards
7. Corporate Governance Code The World Over: Various Committees' Reports, A Comparative Study
8. Corporate Governance in India: National Committees' Recommendations
9. Indian Companies Act, 2013 And Rules, 2014 Concerning Corporate Governance
10. Role of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Concerning Corporate Governance
11. Corporate Governance Practice In India: A Case Study of Selected Listed Companies for the Financial Year 2015–2016
12. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability
13. Suggestions and Conclusions
Appendices • Bibliography • Index