Conducting Tests and Examinations is a practical guide for educational institutions about performing their obligatory functions of judging the abilities and proficiencies of the students under their charge. The test results are also likely to throw valuable light on the appropriateness of the instructional material and methodology pressed into service.
The end-of-the topic tests, some examples of which have been included possess the potential for enabling the institutions to more pinpointedly identify the themes where such deficiencies may be discovered.
This, in turn will also be a diagnostic exercise for making the needed modifications in teaching, learning material, the approaches of curriculum transaction and other inputs. The tests can as well be taken by students for auto-diagnosis of strenths and weaknesses and thus, become powerful instruments of further improving the levels of achievements. The author earnestly and confidently hopes that the documents will prove to be an instrument for qualitative improvement of education.
This book Useful for competition Exam.
The main features of the book are as follows:
• This book is aimed at assessing and improving levels of performance
• Work-at-home, surveys, assignments, library research, participatory learning, projects etc. help in evaluation of academic achievement of students
• Evaluation of Pupil Performance - the Current Scene
• The Concept of Evaluation in Education
• Educational Objectives
• Objective-Based Teaching and Learning
• Purpose of Evaluation
• Criteria for Classifying Ventures in Evaluation
• Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation (CCF)
• A Format for a School or an Institutional Evaluation Certificate
• Preparing Questions of Different Forms
• Preparing Question Papers and Unit Tests
• Diagnosis and Remediation
• Oral Examinations
• Practical Examinations
• Assessing Sessional Work
• Designing Evaluation Exercises
• Evaluation in Environmental Studies (Observational Evaluation)
• Evaluating Socially Useful Productive Work/Work Experience
• Evaluation at the Pre-primary Stage
• Grading Pupil Performance
• Evaluation for Class Promotions
• Use of Test Material in Teaching
• Appendices-A: Objectives of Some Selected Subjects
• Appendices-B: Some Sample Unit Tests