Composite Mathematics For Class - VIII by S. K. Gupta, Anubhuti Gangal
The present edition is a thoroughly revised version of the last edition. The content has been thoroughly revised, reorganised and re-written at a number of places making the treatment simpler and easier to understand. In deference to feedback and suggestions received from learned faculty in schools, a sincere effort has been made to prune the exercises and reduce the number of problems without of course compromising the quality which remains the hallmark of this series.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class VIII Students.
1. The new model of teaching methodologies and content introduced by CBSE has been religiously followed and adhered to in the revised edition
2. Test Your Understanding exercises for immediate practice have been given almost after every topic
3. Exercises have been re-designed to include all types of questions, especially the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and High Order Thinking Skills (HOTS).
4. Chapter Assessment based on the latest pattern is provided at the end of each chapter to assess the child’s understanding of the concepts given therein.
Table of Content:
1. Rational Numbers
3. Squares and Square Roots
4. Cubes and Cube Roots (Periodical Assessment–1)
5. Algebraic Expressions and Special Products
6. Factorisation of Algebraic Expressions
7. Linear Equations
8. Percentage and its Applications
9. Compound Interest (Periodical Assessment–2)
10. Variation and Direct and Inverse Proportions
11. Time and Work
14. Construction of Quadrilaterals
15. Visualising Solid Shapes
16. Area of a Trapezium and a Polygon
17. Volume and Surface Area of Solids (Periodical Assessment–3)
19. Graphical Representation of Data
22. Playing with Numbers
Model Test Paper–2