To ace your UPSC exam, we provide you everything ranging from books, notes, study material, question papers and so on at a single platform for your convenience.
So what basically is UPSC Exam and what does it consist of?
UPSC is the acronym for Union Public Service Commission that is responsible for conducting recruitment exams for different sectors like Civil Services, SCRA, NDA, IFS, IRS, IPS, and much more. UPSC is considered one of the toughest exams to score in India. There has been an increase in the number of applicants each year but the no. of posts available is low.
To be eligible to apply for any UPSC exam, one needs to be:-
- At least 21 years of age and should not have completed 32 years when applying for the exam. For OBC category a person should not be more than 35 years and for SC/ST the age should not be more than 37 years.
- The applicant should be of Indian Origin or a migrant from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam and should have an intention of shifting base permanently to India.
- Applicant should possess a recognized degree
The UPSC exam has three phases as follow:-
- Preliminary Exam also known as CSAT- It includes objective type questions on General Studies and Aptitude.
- Main Exam- It is subjective type question paper which consists of nine essay type questions.
- Interview- It has two stages of personality test.
Important Exam Dates:-
Preliminary Exam: August
Preliminary Exam Result: September
Main Exam: December
Main exam Result: February or March
Interview: March or April
Final Result: May or June
With our Digital Library, it is possible for you to access your UPSC books online. To help you prepare and score better in UPSC exams, we provide you with all the course material including books for UPSC exam, UPSC sample papers, etc that you can access on your smart devices from anywhere and anytime. Our wide range of publishers makes it possible for you to study extensively on each subject from different books and at a discounted price.
To know more about UPSC Syllabus, Eligibility and in depth details of each exam stage, you can visit our blog.