Coastal Environments Problems And Perspectives
Coastal Environments Problems And Perspectives by K.S. Jayappa & A.C. Narayana
Coastal Environments: Problems and Perspectives display the impact of natural forces and processes on man and also the impact of man on the coastal environment. The exploitation of natural mineral resources, navigation and recreation activities are an integral part of the problems and perspectives of coastal environments.
Audience of the Book :
|This book will provide the useful information for students and researchers, and readers will enjoy the approach and style of this book.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The book is divided into 5 sections which deals with coastal resources, coastal landforms, sediment transport and maintenance dredging, coastal erosion and management, and application of RS & GIS and flora in environmental geosciences studies.
2. Each section is embedded with relevant real-life case studies.
3. Profusely illustrated with line drawings, maps and photographs.
Table of Contents:
1. Coastal Environments: Problems and Perspectives
2. Mineral Resources of Coastal Tracts of India
3. Coastal and Marine Fisheries Resources of Kerala – Conservation and Sustainable Development
4. Coastal Fishery Resources of India with Special Reference to Karnataka – Management Implications
5. Bioresources of Coastal Sand Dunes – Are They Neglected ?
6. Evolution of coastal landforms Southern Karnataka: A Remote Sensing Approach
7. Long-term Morphological Changes of Shoreline and Estuaries along the Northern Kerala Coast – Remote Sensing and GIS Based Study
8. Coastal Landforms Changes in and Around Cochin and Their Implications in Coastal Zone Management
9. Delineation of Submerged Paleo-shorelines and Paleo-channels along the Southern Karnataka Coast using Remote Sensing
10. Preparation of Land Use Land Cover Map as an Input to Universal Soil Loss Equation through Remote Sensing and GIS
11. Alongshore Sediment Transport and Maintenance Dredging Practices in Major Ports of India
12. Effects of Hydro-meteorological Conditions on Sediment Transport – A case study in Hugli Estuary using Radiotracers
13. Application of Remote Sensing and Mike-21 for Sediment Dynamics off Mangalore Coast
14. Coastal Erosion and Management
15. Breakwaters – An Innovative Hard Option for Coastal Erosion Mitigation Measures
16. Miramar (Goa) Beach Management Project: An Oceanographic Evolution
17. Failure Analysis of Seawalls along Karnataka Coast and Recent Trends in Coastal Protection
18. Remote Sensing in Gelogical and Environmental Studies
19. Modelling Spatio-temporal Distrib