Bioethics And Biosafety by M K Sateesh
Biosafety deals with prevention of large scale loss of biological integrity focusing both on ecology and human health. It is related to several fields such as ecology, agriculture, medicine, chemistry and ecobiology.
Audience of the Book :
|The book is intended not only for undergraduate and postgraduate students of biotechnology, genomics and related sciences, but is also aimed to draw attention of policy makers and teachers at national and international levels to the possible approaches in the field of biotechnology.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Covers the topics in depth from basic and deals with the key subject areas.
2.Takes a broader view of the earlier and current situation indifferent countries.
3.Gives the uses and their ethical aspects of the different technological developments made in the biotechnology fields.
4.Covers new developments in wider areas of biotechnology and its applications to mankind.
5.Deals with aspects of the Bioethics and Biosafety protocols and their implements.
6.Briefs the Indian Biodiversity Act.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Bioethics and Biosafety
2. Human Genome Project and its Ethical Issues
3. Molecular Detection of Pre-Symptomatic Genetic Diseases and its Importance in Healthcare
4. Prenatal Diagnosis, Genetic Manipulations and their Ethical Issues
5. Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of Human Genome Project
6. Genetics Studies on Ethnic Races
7. Biosafety Guidelines and Regulations
8. Legal and Socio-economic Impacts of Biotechnology
9. Use of Genetically Modified Organisms and their Release in the Environment
10. Hazardous Materials used in Biotechnology-their Handling and Disposal
11. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
12. Public Education of Producing Transgenic Organisms
13. Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)
14. Intellectual Property Rights and Agricultural Technology, and their Implications for India and other Developing Countries
15. International Organizations and Intellectual Property Rights
16. Introduction to Patent and Process Involved in Patenting
17. Patenting Living Organisms
18. Traditional Knowledge, Commercial Exploitation, and Protection
19. Bioethics in Biodiversity and Resource Management
20. Ethical Issues in Genetically Modified Organisms: Foods and Crops
21. Labeling of Genetically Modified Food and Crops
22. Stem Cell Research, Applications of Stems Cells and Ethical Issues Involved in Stem Cell Research and Use
23. Use of Animals in Research and Testing, and Alternatives for Animals in Research
24. Animal Cloning, Human Cloning and their Ethical Aspects
25. Testing of Drugs on Human Volunteers
26. Organ Transplantation and Ethical Issues
27. Public and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) Participation in Biosafety and Protection of Biodiversity
28. Indian Biodiversity Act