This book is an outgrowth of a course given by Prof. John Brown of the University College, London to the undergraduate students of the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. The main purpose with which this book was written was to present the students of electrical engineering with a single book containing a description of the syllabus known as “Electrical Materials”. This book offers a.
This book Useful for Electrical engineering students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Each topic has been thoroughly described, the theory is rigorously developed and a large number of numerical examples have been included to illustrate its application.
2. The book also contains advanced problems useful for Textbook.
1. Structure of the Atom
2. Conductivity of Metals (Part I)
3. Conductivity of Metals (Part II)
4. Dielectric Properties (Part I: Static Fields
5. Dielectric Properties (Part II: Alternating Fields)
6. Magnetic Properties of Materisals
8. Junction Rectifiers and Transistors
9. Measurement of Electrical and Magnetic Properties
10. Conduction of Liquids
11. Optical Properties of Solids
12. Materials for Electronic Components
13. . Mechanical Properties
14. Semiconductor Technology and Miscellanous Semiconductor Devices