Aircraft Instrumentation And Systems by S. Nagabhushana & L.K. Sudha
Aircraft Instrumentation and Systems has the adequate coverage to deal generally the topics for undergraduate course on Aircraft Instrumentation. It covers: An introduction to aircraft instruments and systems, Air data systems and air data computers, Navigation systems, Gyroscopic flight instruments, Engine instruments, Electronics flight instrument systems, Safety and warning systems. Every effort has been done to update the contents of the book to the present-day technology used in modern transport category aircraft manufactured by Boeing and Airbus industry. The text is profusely illustrated with block diagrams, schematic diagrams and a number of tables and glossary. Review questions have been included at the end of the each chapter for practice and self-study.
Audience of the Book :
|The book is intended for teaching and study the topic for students of B.E., M.E. and students in Instrumentation Technology and Aircraft Engineering. It also introduces the subject to practising engineers and readers interested in aircraft instrumentation and to the flight crew.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.The book is a self-sufficient treatise on aircraft instrumentation, with an emphasis on the contemporary practices like ring-laser and optical gyros, strap-down angular sensors using RLG and FOG etc.
2.Profusely illustrated with labelled line diagrams and photographs (colour wherever required) to aid comprehension of the subject matter..
3.Includes end-of-the chapter review questions for practice, and symbols, units, standards, glossary, formulas, etc. in the appendices.
Table of Contents:
1. Basics of Aircraft
2. Aircraft instruments-Types and Cockpit Layout
3. Air data Instruments
4. Directional Systems
5. Gyroscopic and Advanced Flight Instruments
6. Engine Instruments-Power and Thrust
7. Engine Fuel Indicators
8. Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS)
9. Aircraft Navigation Systems
10. Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS)
11. Airborne Radars
12. Flight Management Systems (FMS)
13. Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS/ATN) and Future Air Navigation (FAN)
14. Black Boxes (Cockpit Voice Recorder and Flight data Recorder)
15. Aircraft Safety and warning Systems
16. Electronic Warfare (EW)