Thermal And Hydraulic Machines
| About The Book Thermal And Hydraulic Machines
The second edition of this well-received book, continues to present the operating principles and working aspects of thermal and hydraulic machines. First, it covers the laws and the essential principles of thermodynamics that form the basis on which thermal machines operate. It subsequently presents the principles, construction details and the methods of control of hydraulic and thermal machines.
The coverage of thermal machines includes steam turbines, gas turbines, IC engines, and reciprocating and centrifugal compressors. The coverage of hydraulic machines includes hydraulic turbines, reciprocating pumps and centrifugal pumps. The classification, construction and efficiency of these machines have been discussed with plenty of diagrams and worked problems. This will help the readers understand easily the underlying principles. This new edition includes substantially updated chapters and also introduces additional text as per the syllabus requirement.
The book is intended for the undergraduate engineering students pursuing courses in mechanical, electrical and civil branches.
KEY FEATURES :
Provides succinct coverage of all operating aspects of thermal and hydraulic machines.
Includes a large number of worked problems at the end of each chapter to help students achieve a sound understanding of the subject matter.
Gives objective type questions with explanatory answers to assist students in preparing for competitive examinations.
Table of Contents:
Preface to the First Edition
1. BASIC CONCEPTS AND ZEROTH LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS
2. FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS
3. SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS
4. PROPERTIES OF STEAM AND THERMODYNAMICS
5. VAPOUR CYCLES
6. THERMODYNAMIC CYCLES
7. STEAM TURBINE
8. GAS TURBINE
10. IMPACT OF JET
11. HYDRAULIC TURBINES
12. CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS
13. RECIPROCATING PUMPS
- Hydraulics And Hydraulic Machines
- Hydraulic Machines eBook
- Hydraulic Machines: Fluid Machinery
- Thermal And Hydraulic Machines
- Fluid Mechanics including Hydraulic Machines
- Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulic Machines
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines Notes eBook
- Laboratory Manual Hydraulics And Hydraulic Machines
- Mechanical Engineering Test Preparations On Hydraulic Machines Part 1
- Mechanical Engineering Test Preparations On Hydraulic Machines Part 2