Introduction To Heat Transfer
Introduction To Heat Transfer
| About The Book Introduction To Heat Transfer
This book presents a comprehensive treatment of the essential fundamentals of the topics that should be taught as the first-level course in Heat Transfer to the students of engineering disciplines. The book is designed to stimulate student learning through clear, concise language. The theoretical content is well balanced with the problem-solving methodology necessary for developing an orderly approach to solving a variety of engineering problems. The book provides adequate mathematical rigour to help students achieve a sound understanding of the physical processes involved.
Key Features :
A well-balanced coverage between analytical treatments, physical concepts and practical demonstrations.
Analytical descriptions of theories pertaining to different modes of heat transfer by the application of conservation equations to control volume and also by the application of conservation equations in differential form like continuity equation, NavierStokes equations and energy equation.
A short description of convective heat transfer based on physical understanding and practical applications without going into mathematical analyses (Chapter 5).
A comprehensive description of the principles of convective heat transfer based on mathematical foundation of fluid mechanics with generalized analytical treatments (Chapters 6, 7 and 8).
A separate chapter describing the basic mechanisms and principles of mass transfer showing the development of mathematical formulations and finding the solution of simple mass transfer problems.
A summary at the end of each chapter to highlight key terminologies and concepts and important formulae developed in that chapter.
A number of worked-out examples throughout the text, review questions, and exercise problems (with answers) at the end of each chapter.
This book is appropriate for a one-semester course in Heat Transfer for undergraduate engineering students pursuing careers in mechanical, metallurgical, aerospace and chemical disciplines.
Table of Contents:
1. FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
2. ONE-DIMENSIONAL STEADY-STATE HEAT CONDUCTION
3. MULTIDIMENSIONAL STEADY-STATE HEAT CONDUCTION
4. UNSTEADY CONDUCTION
6. INCOMPRESSIBLE VISCOUS FLOW: A BRIEF REVIEW
7. PRINCIPLES OF FORCED CONVECTION
8. PRINCIPLES OF FREE CONVECTION
9. HEAT TRANSFER IN CONDENSATION AND BOILING
10. PRINCIPLES OF HEAT EXCHANGERS
11. RADIATION HEAT TRANSFER
12. PRINCIPLES OF MASS TRANSFER
- Heat And Mass Transfer
- Introduction To Heat Transfer
- Heat Transfer: Principles And Applications
- Heat Transfer By Ashok Kumar Singh
- Fundamentals Of Heat And Mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer Through Solved Problems eBook By P. Chattopadhyay
- Chemistry Test Preparations On heat Transfer Part 1
- Chemistry Test Preparations On heat Transfer Part 2
- Experimental Analysis Of Heat Transfer Enhancementin Circular Double Tube Heat Exchanger Using Inserts Journal
- Combined Heat And Mass Transfer In Mhd Three-Dimensional Porous Flow With Periodic Permeability & Heat Absorption Journal