Gas Dynamics For Engineers
| About The Book Gas Dynamics For Engineers
Intended as a textbook for undergraduate students of aerospace/mechanical engineering and as a reference book for practising engineers, this book provides the most readable approach to the study of gas dynamics with emphasis on the fundamental concepts that help readers develop a strong conceptual base.
This concise and well-organised text covers a wide range of interesting topics such as isentropic flow, Fanno flow, Rayleigh flow, simple flow with mass addition, waves in supersonic flow and measurement techniques in gas dynamics. The topics are dealt with in a carefully designed sequence with proper explanations along with simple mathematical formulations.
Key Features :
Explains the fundamentals through extensive use of line drawings.
Contains a large number of solved illustrative examples to help students comprehend the concepts with ease.
Includes review questions to test students comprehension of the subject.
Provides answers to unsolved problems.
Presents flow tables in appendices.
Table of Contents:
1. BASIC LAWS AND CONCEPTS
2. ISENTROPIC FLOW
3. FANNO FLOW
4. RAYLEIGH FLOW
5. SIMPLE FLOW WITH MASS ADDITION
6. NORMAL SHOCK WAVES
7. OBLIQUE SHOCK WAVES
8. FLOW THROUGH NOZZLES AND DIFFUSERS
9. MEASUREMENTS IN COMPRESSIBLE FLOW
A1: Isentropic Flow Table ( = 1.4)
A2: Fanno Flow Table ( = 1.4)
A3: Isothermal Flow Table ( = 1.4)
A4: Rayleigh Flow Table ( = 1.4)
A5: Simple Mass Addition Table ( = 1.4)
A6: Normal Shock Table ( = 1.4)
A7: Prandtl-Meyer Flow Table ( = 1.4)
- Gas Dynamics
- Gas Dynamics For Engineers
- Fundamentals of Gas Dynamics eBook
- Physics Test Preparations On Compressors Gas Dynamics Gas Turbines Part 1
- Physics Test Preparations On Compressors Gas Dynamics Gas Turbines Part 2
- Mechanical Engineering Test Preparations On Compressors, Gas Dynamics and Gas Turbines Part 1
- Mechanical Engineering Test Preparations On Compressors, Gas Dynamics and Gas Turbines Part 2
- Gas Tables: For Steady One-Dimensional Flow Of Perfect Gas
- Dynamics of Achieving Goals