Power Plant Engineering
- 40% Off₹650.00 ₹390.00Get this eBook
| About The Book Power Plant Engineering
This textbook has been designed for a one-semester course on Power Plant Engineering studied by both degree and diploma students of mechanical and electrical engineering. It effectively exposes the students to the basics of power generation involved in several energy conversion systems so that they gain comprehensive knowledge of the operation of various types of power plants in use today.
After a brief introduction to energy fundamentals including the environmental impacts of power generation, the book acquaints the students with the working principles, design and operation of five conventional power plant systems, namely thermal, nuclear, hydroelectric, diesel and gas turbine. The economic factors of power generation with regard to estimation and prediction of load, plant design, plant operation, tariffs and so on, are discussed and illustrated with the help of several solved numerical problems.
The generation of electric power using renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, biomass, geothermal, tidal, fuel cells, magneto hydrodynamic, thermoelectric and thermionic systems, is discussed elaborately.
The book is interspersed with solved problems for a sound understanding of the various aspects of power plant engineering. The chapter-end questions are intended to provide the students with a thorough reinforcement of the concepts discussed.
Table of Contents:
2. THERMAL POWER PLANT
3. NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
4. HYDROELECTRIC POWER PLANT
5. DIESEL ENGINE POWER PLANT
6. GAS TURBINE POWER PLANT
7. POWER STATION ECONOMICS
8. NON-CONVENTIONAL POWER GENERATION
- Power Plant Engineering
- Power Plant Engineering UPTU B.Tech Sample Papers
- Practical Boiler Operation Engineering And Power Plant
- Potential Microorganisms for Sustainable Agriculture
- Performance Analysis Of Electrostatic Precipitator In Thermal Power Plant Journal
- Power Plant Instrumentation
- An Investigation On Inclination Steam Flowing Tubes On Steam Condensation In A Thermal Power Plant Journal
- Mechanical Engineering Test Preparations On IC Engines and Nuclear Power Plants Part 1
- Mechanical Engineering Test Preparations On IC Engines and Nuclear Power Plants Part 2
- Soil, Water and Plant Nutrient Management