- 76% OffINR 195.00 INR 47.20Get this eBook
| About The Book Quantum Mechanics
The Second Edition of this concise and compact text offers students a thorough understanding of the basic principles of quantum mechanics and their applications to various physical and chemical problems.
This book is recommended in Manipur University, Manipur, Dibrugarh University, Assam and Calcutta University for B.Sc..
This thoroughly class-texted material aims to bridge the gap between the books which give highly theoretical treatments and the ones which present only the descriptive accounts of quantum mechanics. Every effort has been made to make the book explanatory, exhaustive and student friendly. The text focuses its attention on problem-solving to accelerate the students grasp of the basic concepts and their applications.
What is new to this Edition :
Includes new chapters on Field Quantization and Chemical Bonding.
Provides new sections on Rayleigh Scattering and Raman Scattering.
Offers additional worked examples and problems illustrating the various concepts involved.
This textbook is designed as a textbook for postgraduate and advanced undergraduate courses in physics and chemistry.
Solutions Manual containing the solutions to chapter-end exercises is available for instructors.
Table of Contents:
Preface to the First Edition
1. Origin of the Quantum Theory
2. Wave Mechanical Concepts
3. General Formalism of Quantum Mechanics
4. One-Dimensional Energy Eigenvalue Problems
5. Three-Dimensional Energy Eigenvalue Problems
6. Heisenberg Method
7. Symmetry and Conservation Laws
8. Angular Momentum
9. Time-Independent Perturbation Theory
10. The Variation Method
11. WKB Approximation
12. Time-Dependent Perturbation Theory
13. Many Electron Atoms
15. Relativistic Wave Equations
16. Elements of Field Quantization
17. Chemical Bonding
Answers to Problems
- Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Teleportation with an Accelerated Partner in Open System Journal
- An Experimental Comparison of Quantum Decision Theoretical Models of Intertemporal Choice for Gain and Loss Journal
- Soil Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics including Hydraulic Machines
- Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulic Machines
- Fluid Mechanics Notes eBook
- Fluid Mechanics And Turbomachines
- Mechanics Of Solids