Mechanics Of Solids
Mechanics Of Solids
| About The Book Mechanics Of Solids
Designed as a text for both the undergraduate and postgraduate students of civil, mechanical, aerospace, and marine engineering, this book provides an indepth analysis of the fundamental principles of mechanics of deformable solids based on the phenomenological approach.
The book starts with linear and angular momentum principles for a body. It introduces the concepts of stress, strain and the constitutive relations using tensors. Then it goes on to give a description of the laws of thermodynamics as a restriction on constitutive relations and formulates the boundary value problem in elasticity. Besides, the text treats bar under axial, bending and torsional deformation as well as plane stress and plane strain idealizations. The book concludes with a discussion on variational mechanics and the theory of plasticity.
l Elaborate treatment of constitutive relations for linear elasticity.
l Consistent formulation of strength of materials approach and three-dimensional elasticity for bar under axial, bending and torsional deformation.
l Presentation of failure criteria and plasticity theory taking the modern developments into account.
Large number of worked-out examples throughout the text and exercises at the end of each chapter.
book on mechanics of solids, book on fundamental principles of mechanics, book on mechanics, book on solid, book on theory of plasticity
Table of Contents:
1. Force and Deformation
2. Stress at a Point
3. Strain at a Point
4. Constitutive Modelling
5. Energy of Deformation
6. Boundary Value Problem in Linear Elasticity
7. Equations of Equilibrium of Rod
8. Extension of Bar
9. Bending of Beam
10. Torsion of Circular Shaft
11. Torsion of Noncircular Bar
12. Plane Stress and Plane Strain
13. Variational Mechanics
14. Failure Criteria
15. Plasticity: General Concept
- Mechanics Of Solids
- Mechanics of Solids By A.K. Lal
- A Textbook of Strength Of Materials Mechanics of Solids By Dr. R.K. Bansal
- Entomology At A Glance Vol. I By R.C. Saxena, R.C. Srivastava, L.L. Somani
- Soil, Water and Plant Nutrient Management
- An Introduction to Statistical Science in Agriculture
- Biotechnology Industries and Enterpreneurs
- Biotechnology Education, Outreach and Extension
- Entomology At A Glance Volume-II By R.C. Saxena R.C. Srivastava L.L. Somani
- Agricultural Nitrogen Use And Its Environmental Implications