Fundamentals Of Surveying
| About The Book Fundamentals Of Surveying
Primarily aimed to be an introductory text for the first course in surveying for civil, architecture and mining engineering students, this book, now in its second edition, is also suitable for various professional courses in surveying.
Written in a simple and lucid language, this book at the outset, presents a thorough introduction to the subject. Different measurement errors with their types and nature are described along with measurement of horizontal distances and electronic distances measurements. This text covers in detail the topics in levelling, angles and directions and compass survey. The functions and uses of different instruments, such as theodolites, tacheometers and stadia rods are also covered in the text. Besides, the book elaborates different fields of surveying, such as plane table surveying, topographical surveying, construction surveying and underground surveys. Finally, the book includes a chapter on computer applications in surveying.
KEY FEATURES :
Includes about 400 figures to explain the fundamentals of surveying.
Uses SI units throughout the book.
Offers more than 170 fully-solved examples including the questions generated from premier universities.
Provides a large number of problems and answers at the end of each chapter.
Incorporates objective questions from AMIE exams and Indian Engineering Services exams.
Table of Contents:
2. ERRORS IN MEASUREMENT
3. MEASUREMENT OF HORIZONTAL DISTANCES
4. ELECTRONIC DISTANCE MEASUREMENTS
5. LEVELLING I
6. LEVELLING II
7. PERMANENT ADJUSTMENTS OF LEVELS
8. ANGLES AND DIRECTIONS
9. COMPASS SURVEY
11. TRAVERSE SURVEY AND COMPUTATIONS
13. VERTICAL CURVES
14. AREAS AND VOLUMES
16. PLANE TABLE SURVEYING
17. TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEYING
18. CONSTRUCTION SURVEYING
19. UNDERGROUND SURVEYS
20. COMPUTER PROGRAMS IN SURVEYING
Answers to Problems
- Surveying Vol.I
- Surveying Vol.II
- Surveying and Field Work
- Fundamentals Of Surveying
- Surveying & Levelling Volume-I
- A Text Book of Surveying and Levelling
- A Combined Objective Genetic Algorithm For Scheduling Of Machines In Fms Journal
- Nutrient Management and Fertilizer Technology
- Application Of Non-Traditional Optimization For Quality Improvement In Tool Holders Journal
- Advances in Seed Science and Technology (Vol. 3): Forest Tree Seed Technology and Management