Network Security And Management
| About The Book Network Security And Management
Written in an easy-to-understand style, this textbook, now in its third edition, continues to discuss in detail important concepts and major developments in network security and management. It is designed for a one-semester course for undergraduate students of Computer Science, Information Technology, and undergraduate and postgraduate students of Computer Applications.
Students are first exposed to network security principles, organizational policy and security infrastructure, and then drawn into some of the deeper issues of cryptographic algorithms and protocols underlying network security applications. Encryption methods, secret key and public key cryptography, digital signature and other security mechanisms are emphasized. Smart card, biometrics, virtual private networks, trusted operating systems, pretty good privacy, database security, and intrusion detection systems are comprehensively covered. An in-depth analysis of technical issues involved in security management, risk management and security and law is presented.
In the third edition, two new chaptersone on Information Systems Security and the other on Web Securityand many new sections such as digital signature, Kerberos, public key infrastructure, software security and electronic mail security have been included. Additional matter has also been added in many existing sections.
KEY FEATURES :
Extensive use of block diagrams throughout helps explain and clarify the concepts discussed.
About 250 questions and answers at the end of the book facilitate fruitful revision of the topics covered.
Includes a glossary of important terms.
Table of Contents:
2. Organizational Policy and Security
3. Security Infrastructure
5. Network Fundamentals
6. Hardware and Software Security
7. Database Security
8. Information Systems Security
9. Intrusion Detection Systems
10. Network Security
11. Wireless Security
12. Web Security
13. Network Management
14. Security Management
15. Risk Management and Incident Management
16. Security and Law
17. Internet Governance and Electronic Mail Policy
18. Security of Internet Banking System
A: Internet Standards and the Internet Society
B: Abbreviations and Acronyms
C: Questions and Answers
- Network Security And Management
- Cryptography And Network Security
- Information and Network Security Notes eBook
- Cryptography and Network Security - A Practical Approach By K.Haribaskar
- Security Breached - Security Beyond Hacking
- Communication Network Analysis Notes
- Modern Network Analysis Notes
- Network Analysis Notes eBook
- Home Security Made Easy!
- Cryptography And Information Security