| About The Book Mobile Computing
This textbook provides students with a sound foundation in the concepts and applications of mobile computing. It discusses all the relevant topics in mobile computing in a clear and straightforward style.
The book begins with an introduction to the subject and then moves on to describe the fundamentals of wireless communication including a brief description of different modulation techniques. The text includes coverage of second generation (2G) cellular network together with its two important implementation standards GSM & IS-95; it also discusses WLL and WLAN. In addition, it presents a variety of data services available in the domain of mobile computing with other relevant issues. Finally, it gives a brief on UMTS, a representative of the third generation (3G) of cellular networks. The fundamental tenets of mobile computing, such as mobility management, channel assignment, protocols at air interface, and system design are carefully covered for all categories of wireless networks described here.
A perfect balance between theoretical aspects of mobile computing and its implementation standards has been maintained throughout the book. Many examples and exercises are included, which will help students prepare for examinations.
The book is intended primarily for students of B.E./B.Tech. of Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and related disciplines. It will also be useful to the students of BCA/MCA and B.Sc./M.Sc. (Computer Science/Electronics).
Table of Contents:
2. WIRELESS WIDE AREA NETWORK (Cellular Network)
3. CELLULAR NETWORK STANDARDS (GSM and IS-95)
4. WIRELESS METROPOLITAN AREA NETWORK (Wireless Local Loop)
5. WIRELESS LOCAL AREA NETWORK
6. WIRELESS DATA SERVICE
7. OVERVIEW OF THIRD GENERATION CELLULAR NETWORK (UMTs)
- Mobile Computing
- Fundamentals Of Mobile Computing
- Prevalence of Ringing Delusion among Mobile Phone Users Journal
- Efficient Mobile Client Caching Supporting Transaction Semantics Journal
- Wireless And Mobile Communication
- Fast Converging Generalized Turbo Decoding Scheme with Enhanced Throughput for Mobile Radio Journal
- Cloud Computing
- Computational Intelligence For Carbon-Centric Computing Journal
- Recent Developments in Computing and Its Applications
- Dimensions Of Autotelic Personality And Their Effects On Perceived Playfulness In The Context Of Mobile Information And Entertainment Services Journal