Cyber Laws And It Protection
Cyber Laws And It Protection
| About The Book Cyber Laws And It Protection
India has emerged as a hub of the IT industry due to the phenomenal growth of the IT sector. However, this huge growth rate has brought with it the inevitable legal complications due to a switch over from paper-based commercial transactions to e-commerce and e-transactions. This book discusses the legal position of Information Technology (IT), e-commerce and business transaction on the cyberspace/Internet under the Information Technology (IT) Act in India.
Divided into five parts, Part I of the text deals with the role of the Internet, e-commerce and e-governance in the free market economy.
Part II elaborates on various laws relating to electronic records and intellectual property rights with special reference to India. Efforts are being made internationally to rein in cyber crimes by introducing stringent laws, Part III deals with various rules and regulations which have been introduced to get rid of cyber crimes. Part IV is devoted to a discussion on various offences committed under the IT Act, penalties imposed on the offenders, and compensations awarded to the victims. Finally, Part V acquaints the students with the miscellaneous provisions of the IT Act.
This book is designed as text for postgraduate students of Law (LLM) and undergraduate and postgraduate students of Information Technology [B.Tech./M.Tech. (IT)] and for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) wherever it is offered as a course. Besides, it will prove handy for scholars and researchers working in the field of IT and Internet.
KEY FEATURES :
Includes Appendices on the role of electronic evidence, information technology rules, ministerial order on blocking websites, and the rules relating to the use of electronic records and digital signatures.
Provides a comprehensive Table of Cases.
Incorporates abbreviations of important legal terms used in the text.
Table of Contents:
|Preface Acknowledgements Table of Cases|
Abbreviations (Citation of Cases)
Part I: INTERNET, E-COMMERCE AND E-GOVERNANCE WITH REFERENCE TO FREE MARKET ECONOMY
1. Understanding Computers, Internet and Cyber Laws
2. Conceptual Framework of E-commerce: E-governance
3. The Role of Electronic Signatures in E-commerce with Reference to Free Market Economy in India
Part II: LAW RELATING TO ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN INDIA
4. Legal Aspects of Electronic Records/Digital Signatures
5. The Rules and Regulations of Certifying Authorities in India
6. Protection of Intellectual Property Rights in Cyberspace in India
Part III: INTERNATIONAL EFFORTS RELATING TO CYBERSPACE LAWS AND CYBER CRIMES
7. International Efforts Related to Cyberspace Laws
8. Council of Europe (COE) Convention on Cyber Crimes
Part IV: PENALTIES, COMPENSATION AND OFFENCES UNDER THE CYBERSPACE AND INTERNET IN INDIA
9. Penalties, Compensation and Adjudication of Violations of Provisions of IT Act and Judicial Review
10. Some Important Offences under the Cyberspace Law and the Internet in India
11. Other Offences under the Information Technology Act in India
Part V: MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS OF IT ACT AND CONCLUSIONS
12. The Role of Electronic Evidence and the Miscellaneous Provisions of the IT Act
Appendix I Information Technology Act as Amended up to 2008
Appendix II The Information Technology (Certifying Authorities) Rules, 2000
Appendix III Ministerial Order on Blocking of Websites
Appendix IV The Information Technology (Use of Electronic Records and Digital Signatures) Rules, 2004