Frontiers in Biodiversity Studies
Frontiers in Biodiversity Studies
- 20% OffINR 595.00 INR 476.00Get this eBook
Frontiers in Biodiversity Studies by Devarajan Thangadurai, Carlos Alberto Busso, Luis Gerardo
To use biodiversity components sustainably, to maintain ecosystem functions that provide goods and services, to conserve, protect and restore the natural world to halt biodiversity loss, it is vital to understand and conserve the diversity of life on earth through research, education and outreach. Several international initiatives such as BIOTA, ERA-Nets, CBD, DIVERSITAS, GBIF, GTI, MEA, GEOSS and GEO promote scientific research, conservation and sustainable development of available biodiversity components in the recent years, as the present form of globalization has heavily been criticized for ignoring sustainable development and environmental concerns. More recently, helping species and ecosystems to survive becomes practically more difficult.
Audience of the Book :
|This book should be an excellent reference work for natural scientists, environmentalists, conservationists, taxonomists, biodiversity professionals, policy makers, stakeholders and anyone working on biodiversity research and applications.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Studies and their results on some of the important megadiversity regions and ecological hotspots have been presented.
2.Provides case studies to describe some of the challenges, and ways to conserve biodiversity.
3.Contributed by 53 eminent scientists and academicians from across the globe.
Table of Contents:
1. Species diversity of aquatic molluscs in mountain lakes of the Eastern Alps in Austria: An exemplary study
2. The chasmogamous/cleistogamous mixed breeding system, a widespread and evolutionarily successful reproductive strategy in angiosperms
3. Ecological agriculture: Strategy for sustainable development
4. Freshwater Ciliates (Protozoa, Ciliophora) from Argentina: An annotated and updated compilation
5. Towards the integration of culture collections
6. Higher-taxa as surrogates for species richness in terrestrial heteropterans of South American grasslands
7. Improvement in conservation value of insect communities in South Patagonian forests managed with variable retention
8. Legume diversity in the extra Andean Patagonia
9. Physiological and morphological traits of Trichloris crinita in the semi-arid zones of Argentina
10. Physiological traits on Osmorhiza depauperata, a biodiversity component in the Nothofagus forests of Southern Patagonia
11. Dipteran diversity in cattle pastures and rangelands of Washington State, USA
12. Distribution and biogeographical notes of coastal fish fauna of Veracruz, Mexico
13. Seasonal analysis of the ichthyofauna at three subsystems of the Alvarado lagoon, Veracruz, Mexico
14. Habitat loss and fragmentation in landscapes of the ramsar site, Alvarado lagoon system
15. The mangrove forests of Mexico: Transformation, conservation and threats
16. Trends of land use-land cover change in a complex tropical wetlands landscape: The case of the Chetumal, Mexico and Corozal Bay, Belize
17. An annotated checklist of Crotalaria L. (Fabaceae) in India
18. Fish distributional patterns in Greek rivers
19. The diversity and distribution of Pleospora (Pleosporaceae) in Maharashtra, India
20. Diversity of phytopathogenic conidial fungi of protected nature territories in Ukraine: Study toward elaboration of conservation strategy