Textbook of Biochemistry
- 40% Off₹265.00 ₹159.00Get this eBook
Textbook of Biochemistry by Seema P Upadhye
Biochemistry is the study of the structure, composition, and chemical reactions of substances in living systems. Biochemistry became a separate field when scientists combined biology with organic, inorganic, or physical chemistry and began to study such topics as how living things obtain energy from food, the chemical basis of genetics. Biochemistry includes the sciences of molecular biology; immunochemistry; neurochemistry; and bioinorganic, bioorganic, and biophysical chemistry.
Audience of the Book :
This book versatile for biochemistry course in any college or university.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.At the end of each chapter, there is a summary to understand the subject in short, followed by questions and references.
2.At the end of each chapter, there is a glossary to find out word meanings.
3.Matter is covered in an easy way and is explained with the help of diagrams.
Table of Contents:
1. Cell Structure
2. Cell Environment
5. Lipids and Membranes
6. Amino acids
7. Proteins–I Properties, Amino acid sequence and Purification
8. Proteins-II Three dimensional structure of proteins
9. Enzymes-I Classification and kinetics
10. Enzymes –II Mechanism, structure and regulation
11. Nucleic acids
13. Carbohydrate Metabolism-I
14. Carbohydrates Metabolism–II TCA, Oxidative Phosphorylation
16. Lipid Metabolism-I Fatty acids, Triacylglycerol
17. Lipid Metabolism-II membrane Lipids, Cholesterol
18. Amino Acid Metabolism
19. Purine and Pyrimidine Nucleotide Metabolism
20. Hormones-I animal
21. Hormones-II Plant growth substances
22. Vitamins and Coenzymes
23. The Replication of DNA
24. DNA manipulation and its application
26. Protein synthesis
27. Control of Gene expression