This book entitled An Introduction to Public Finance (Fiscal Economics) is an introductory textbook on Public Finance designed primarily for B.A. and M.A. Economics courses of Indian universities. The book presents the basic concepts and theories of Public Finance. It has a broad coverage of elements of Public Finance. Although a number of good books by Foreign as well as Indian authors are available on the subject, they are above the standard of an average student. Hence, this book is mainly written based on the requirements of the average students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Provides a precise and concise exposition of the principles and theories
2. Written in a lucid and easy-to understand language.
3. Incorporates chapter-end exercises in the form of objective type questions including questions asked in different competitive examinations such as Indian Civil Services, Indian Economic Service, UGC Tests for JRF and Lecturership, etc. These exercises will provide the students with an idea of the pattern of questions which are likely to be set in different examinations.
4. Also covers most of the parts of the syllabi of autonomous colleges of Indian universities.
|Table of Contents:|
2. Public Revenue
3. Taxable Capacity
4. Impact, Incidence & Shifting of a Tax
5. Public Expenditure
6. Public Debt
7. Deficit Financing
8. Fiscal Policy
9. Financial Administration & Budget
10. Federal Finance
11. Local Finance
12. War Finance