About this eBook
that takes place by means of a language or words . It includes the following contents. a. Oral communication Speaking listening b. Written communication writing reading 5
Prepared By Prof. M. Aqil
1. Speaking In order to send message in business, speaking plays a vital role. Giving instruction, conducting interviews, attending meetings, sending orders through telephone calls are very common in today s business.
2. Writing It is used when a complex message is sent. Placing order through letters, informing employees through circulars, sending reports and memos, filling different government forms, keeping records in writing are some examples of this aspect of verbal communication.
3. Listening People in business spend more time in obtaining information then transmitting it. Listening is the most important way to receive information information regarding order of employers, instruction, rules and regulation, customer trend etc, are obtained through listening. But in listening, people generally forget 75 of the message after few days.
4. Reading Reading reports, memos, policies, circulars, and different business statements are essential for an organization Reading involves understanding and interpreting the material. NON VERBAL COMMUNICATION It means communication without the use of language or words. It includes appearance, body language, silence, etc. Its explanation is as follows
1. Facial Expressions Face and eyes are helpful means of nonverbal communication. They reveal hidden emotions such as anger, confusion, enthusiasm, fear, joy etc.
2. Gestures, postures movement Postures means the language primarily composed of hand and fingers. Communication of deaf people and signal given by traffic constable are the example of posture. Gestures and body movement also indicate many things. Shaking hand with firmness indicates a warm relationship, moving back and forth reveals nervousness. Q
Enumerate the different categories of non-verbal communication and state their importance in communication process with suitable examples. Ans NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION Communication may be verbal by written or spoken symbols usually words or it may be non-verbal without words. Non-verbal messages are sometimes more clear, accurate and effective as compared to verbal communication, because they are internationally used and understood. Non-verbal communication may be divided into the following three categories 1. Appearance 2. Body Language 3. Silence, Time and Sounds 1. APPEARANCE Appearance affects the quality of written and spoken messages as follows i.Written Messages