Oscillations, Waves and Acoustics
Oscillations, Waves and Acoustics by P K Mittal
The chapters cover a vast number of topics like free, forced, damped oscillations, normal modes of vibrations, sound waves, overdamped and ballistic oscillations, LCR circuits etc. In every chapter the topics are dealt with in detail followed by illustrated solved examples and unsolved exercises.
Audience of the Book :
|The present book is meant for the students of undergraduate Science and Engineering courses. This course finds lots of applications, right from Mechanics, Sound, Optics, Solid State Physics, Electrodynamics to Electronics.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.The book essentially covers all important topics in sound and acoustics.
2.Apart from theory, the book discusses real-world phenomena.
3.Profusely illustrated with line drawings for sound understating of the subject matter.
Table of Contents:
1. Simple Harmonic Motion
2. Free, Damped and Forced Vibrations
3. Circuit Transients - Damped and Forced Oscillations
4. Addition of Simple Harmonic Motions: Lissajous’ Figures
5. Normal Modes of Vibration: Coupled Oscillations
6. Wave Motion
7. Velocity of Sound
8. Stationary Waves, Interference and Beats
9. Reflection, Refraction and Diffraction
10. Vibrations in Strings, Air Columns and Rods
11. Fourier's Theorem
12. Architectural Acoustics
14. Some Miscellaneous Acoustical Phenomena
15. Electromagnetic Waves
16. Matter Waves, Shock Waves and Seismic Waves