- 40% Off₹395.00 ₹237.00Get this eBook
| About The Book Electrical Machines
This textbook offers insights into the principles and applications of electrical machines. The text provides a thorough understanding of the fundamentals that are common to all machines. The book elaborates on single-phase and three-phase transformers, DC machines, AC machines as well as commutator motors, and three-phase induction motors, single-phase induction motors, synchronous machines, generators and motors.
This book is intended as a text for students pursuing diploma and undergraduate courses in Electrical Engineering in various universities and engineering institutes. Besides, the book takes care of the requirements of students who are preparing for professional examinations, including those conducted by the Institution of Engineers (India), i.e. AMIE.
KEY FEATURES :
Discusses the step-by-step coverage of the construction of electrical machines.
Gives the methods of testing of electrical machines.
Provides the performance calculations of electrical machines.
Includes numerous worked-out examples.
Table of Contents:
1. Single-phase Transformers: Principle and Construction
2. Single-phase Transformers: Operation and Testing
3. Three-phase Transformers: Operation and Testing
4. Elements of Transformer Design
5. Laboratory Work (Transformers)
6. Basic Principles of Electrical Machines
7. Principle and Construction of DC Machines
8. DC Machines: Operation and Testing
9. Elements of DC Machine Design
10. Laboratory Work (DC Machines)
11. Three-phase Induction Motors: Principles and Characteristics
12. Three-phase Induction Motors: Operation and Testing
13. Synchronous Machines
14. Synchronous Machines: Generators
15. Synchronous Motors
16. Single-phase Induction Motors
17. AC Commutator Motors
18. Laboratory Work (AC Machines)