Chromosomes To Genome
Chromosomes To Genome by Rakesh K. Mishra
Increasing number of complete genome sequences in the past decade has enhanced our understanding of chromosomal basis of genetic inheritance to molecular level. Chromosomes to Genome presents the historical perspective as well as the current state of this journey from chromosomes to genome.
Audience of the Book :
|The book presents complex topics in a simplified manner that is accessible to any student of biology.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.The book deals with the milestone discoveries and advancements in the quest for unravelling genomics from chromosomal studies.
2.The chapters are contributed by eminent scientists from India, the USA, the UK and Germany.
3. A variety of colour diagrams and photomicrographs have been included to aid the understanding of the concepts.
Table of Contents:
1. Snake’s Eye-view of Adam and Eve: From Chromosomes to Genome
2. The Neglected Parts of the Genome: Half a Century of Satellite DNA
3. Genome to Epigenome
4. Coordinated Demethylation and Methylation of Histones Controls Heterochromatin formation and gene silencing in Drosophila
5. Regulation of Higher Order Chromatin Organization and Function
6. Azoosperima factor (AZF) genes function for human male fertility
7. Hormonal signaling via nuclear receptors
8. Genomics of human sarcomas
9. Telomere dynamics in aging and cancer
10. Genetic basis of tropical calcific pancreatitis: Similar finds, different minds
11. Human genetic variations in India: Origin and disease perspectives
12. Heterochromatin on human Y-chromosome reveals new paradigms in regulation of gene expression in eukaryotes