Business Statistics By J K Sharma
The fourth edition of Business Statistics builds upon the easy-to-understand, problem-solving approach that was the hallmark of the previous editions. Through detailed discussions on procedures that facilitate interpretation of data, this book enables readers to make more considered and informed business decisions. Using tools of application and practice in a variety of solved examples and practice problems.
This book will sharpen the students’ understanding of basic statistical techniques.Precise and to the point, this book elucidates the key concepts and methods of business statistics. It aims to supplement textbooks on business statistics and upgrade student's knowledge and skill in the subject and also helps them understand applications of statistical methods in real-life problems.
Audience of the Book :
|Business Statistics, 4e, serves as a core textbook for students of management, commerce and computer science studying business statistics for degrees in BBA/MBA/PGDBM, BCom /MCom, CA/ICWA, and BE/ BTech /MCA as well as for those preparing for professional and competitive examinations.|
Key Features: The main features of the book are as follows:
• Complete conformity to the latest trend of questions appearing in universities and professional examination.
• Variety of solved examples to provide integrated view of theory and applications of statistical methods.
• Chapters include: more than 500 solved problems & more than 450 unsolved questions for practice
• Answers and sufficient hints to unsolved problems to enable students learn at their own pace.
Table of Contents:
Data Classification, Tabulation, and Presentation
• Measures of Central Tendency
• Measures of Dispersion
• Skewness, Moments, and Kurtosis
• Fundamentals of Probability
• Probability Distributions
• Sampling and Sampling Distributions
• Estimation and Confidence Intervals
• Hypothesis Testing
• Chi-Square and Other Non-Parametric Test
• Analysis of Variance • Correlation Analysis
• Regression Analysis
• Partial and Multiple Correlation, and Regression Analysis
• Forecasting and Time Series Analysis
• Index Numbers • Statistical Quality Control
• Statistical Decision Theory • Interpolation and Extrapolation
• Associations of Attributes