Biodiversity : An Overview
Biodiversity : An Overview
- 20% OffINR 595.00 INR 476.00Get this eBook
Biodiversity : An Overview by Mukesh Kumar, Rajan Kumar Gupta And G S Paliwa
India’s phytodiversity is one of the most significant in the world. India is one of the twelve mega-biodiversity centers in the world and also an important center of origin of agrobiodiversity. It is therefore, very important to study, document and conserve the plant wealth of India and also of the world before its possible extinction. There are convincing scientific, economic and sociological reasons for giving priority to the conservation of the major centers of plant diversity throughout the world.
Audience of the Book :
|It contains useful information for the postgraduate students, teachers, scientists and researchers dealing with Basic and Applied Botany, Ethnobotany, Environmental Biology, Forestry and Agricultural Botany. Moreover, it will prove helpful for Government departments dealing with forestry, social forestry and the cultivation of medicinal plants.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.A compilation of 29 chapters, the book reviews biodiversity with a bias to the plant kingdom.
2.The chapters cover endangered species, conservation, hotspots, economic botany, biogeography etc.
3.Colour pictures have been used profusely to supplement the textual coverage.
4.Each chapter is preceded with an abstract and keywords and ends with a conclusion and further references.
Table of Contents:
1. Biodiversity and Conservation: Salient Features
2. Biodiversity Hotsports: A Tool for Biodiversity Conservation
3. Perceptions of Villagers on Climate Change and its Adverse Effect on Biodiversity Depletion and Agro.Ecosystem of Selected Villages of District Rewari, Haryana
4. Protect Groves: A Traditional Way of Conserving Biodiversity in Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand
5. Phytodiversity: A Medicinal Aspect
6. Biodiversity Conservation and Ecotoursim.Opportunities and Issues in Uttarakhand
7. Distribution, Phylogeny and Phytovhemistry of Ephedra: A Traditional Medicinal Plant
8. Quantitative Assessment and Ethnobotanical uses of Plants of Koti.Kanasar Forest Range (Jaunsar) Uttrakhand,
9. Forest Plant Biodiversity in the State of Uttarakhand
10. Economics of Crop Diversification: Uttarakhand State
11. Medicinally Important Endangered Orchid Habenaria Intermedia D.Don and H.edgeworthii Lindl: A Phenological Study
12. Ichthyodiversity of River Ramganga of Water Uttar Pradesh
13. Mapping of Forest Plantations in Forest Research Institute, Dehradun Using Aerospace Remote Sensing
14. Biodiversity and Conservation of Mangroves in the State of Orissa with Special Reference to Bhitarkanika
15. Invasive Alien Plant Species: A Threat to Native Biodiversity
16. Pollen Diversity of Higher Vascular Plants Growing in and Around Firozabad District of Uttar Pradesh: A Taxonomic View
17. Response of Higher Plant Biodiversity to SO2, Exposure
18. Diversity of Jatropha in India
19. Medico.Religious Plant Diversity of Uttar Pradesh
20. Floristic Diversity of Sikkim Himalayas with Notes on Ethnoveterinary Applications
21. Coal.Fired Industries and the Anthropecology of Plants . A Review
22. Biodiversity of Sadges in Wetlands of Gyanpur
23. Phytodiversity Conservation in India
24. Ethnobotanical Flora of Dewghat Forest, Uttar Pradesh: Need for Conservation
25. Muga Silkworm Biodiversity: A Profile
26. Medicinal Plants: Local Heritage with Global Importance
27. Indigenous Traditional Knowledge of Medicinal Plant Biodiversity amongst Tribals of Rajasthan
28. Conservation of Phytodiversity Through In.Vitro Strategies
29. An Appraisal of the Diversity of Arborescent Plants of Doon Valley NW Himalaya.