Advanced Engineering Mathematics
ineering Mathematics by H C Taneja
The text broadly divided in seven sections contains 26 chapters. The text covers topics on solid geometry, infinite series, differential and integral calculus, matrices, vector calculus, ordinary differential equations, special functions and Laplace transforms, complex analysis, Fourier analysis, partial differential equations, statistics, numerical methods and linear programming.
Audience of the Book :
The book can be used as a text for Engineering Mathematics course at various levels.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Contents divided into eight major parts, namely, Vector Algebra and Matrices, Differential and Integral Calculus, Vector Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations and Laplace Transforms, Fourier Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Numerical Methods, and Statistical Methods and Linear Programming.
2.Presents 1114 solved problems in step-wise manner to understand applications of the mathematical tools.
3.Gives detailed proofs of all important theorems and derivations of results/relationships.
4.Has five useful appendices at the end of the book.
Table of Contents:
1. Solid Geometry
2. Matrices, Determinants and Eigenvalue Problems
3. Infinite Series
4. Differentiation and Its Applications
5. Partial Differentiation and Its Applications
6. Definite Integrals and Their Applications
7. Multiple Integrals and Their Applications
8. Vector Differential Calculus
9. Vector Integral Calculus
10. First Order Ordinary Differential Equations
11. Second and Higher Order Linear Differential Equations
12. Series Solutions of Differential Equations and Special Functions
13. Laplace Transforms
14. Fourier Series
15. Fourier Integrals and Fourier Transforms
16. Partial Differential Equations
17. Applications of Partial Differential Equations
18. Functions of a Complex Variable. Analytic Functions
19. Complex Integration
20. Numerical Methods in General
21. Numerical Methods for Differential Equations
22. Linear Difference Equations and Z-Transforms
23. Descriptive Statistics, Probability and Distributions
24. Sampling Distributions and Hypothesis Testing
25. Linear Programming.